Special attention for your children travelling alone
Unaccompanied minors are very welcome to travel with Luxair. For your children’s safety and for your peace of mind, however, several conditions must be respected.
- For children between 2 and 5 years old*, a request must be submitted to the Callcenter at least 4 working days before the date of departure and the minor must travel accompanied by a member of the Luxair Crew. The transport costs for this crew member will be assumed by the parent or legal guardian.
- For children between 5 and 12 years old *, an “unaccompanied minors UM” reservation is obligatory.
- For children between 12 and 18 years old, passengers must have written permission from their parents or legal guardian to travel alone. Important : Luxair highly recommends that a "unaccompanied minors UM” request be filled for these young passengers.
For information and reservations, please contact your travel agency, Luxair callcenter (+352 2456 4242, firstname.lastname@example.org) or LuxairTours callcenter (+352 2456 4711, email@example.com).
*Note: for children aged between 2 and 12 years old, Luxair requires a declaration (2 copies) to allow the minor to travel alone. This declaration must be signed by the police or the local authorities (Administration Communale, etc.).
Furthermore form H140, which exempts Luxair from any responsibility, must also be signed by the parental authority (father, mother or legal guardian). Please download it here.
In order to reserve an “unaccompanied minor” ticket, (UM) for your child, please contact your travel agency or the Luxair Call Center (+352 2456 4242, firstname.lastname@example.org) or LuxairTours Call Center (+352 2456 4711, email@example.com). Online reservations are not possible for this type of ticket.
During the reservation, you are asked to provide the contact details of the person who will bring your child to the departure airport and the person who will meet your child at the arrival airport .
In addition to the full adult fare, a fee of 40 EUR (for one way) or 80 EUR (for roundtrip) will be levied.
Please be at check in at least 60 mn before the flight !
- On the day of the departure, your child will be met by an assistant at the check-in counter. This person will accompany your child to the airplane where a member of cabin crew will take over
- During the flight, our team will do the maximum to ensure that your child has an enjoyable flight
- On arrival, we will accompany your child until he or she is met by the person responsible for collecting him/her at the airport. This person, nominated by you beforehand during the reservation, must present a form of ID