We’re happy to welcome unaccompanied minors on our flights. Here are just a few points to note for your child’s safety and your peace of mind.
- for children aged 5 to 11*, an “unaccompanied minor” booking is required.
- those aged 12 to 17 can travel alone, with written authorisation from their parents or legal guardians. We highly recommend “unaccompanied minor” bookings for young travellers.
* for children aged between 5 and 11, we require a statement, in duplicate, authorising the minor to travel alone. This must be signed by the police or the local authorities.
Before the flight, please provide us with form H140 signed by the mother, father, or legal guardian, exempting Luxair from any responsibility. Download form H140 here
You can make an “unaccompanied minor” (UM) booking for your child through your travel agency, by calling the Luxair/LuxairTours Customer Service Centre on +352 2456 1 or online via our website. When you book, you’ll be asked to provide contact details for whoever will be taking your child to the departure airport and meeting them on arrival.
Please arrive at least 120 minutes before departure at the check-in desks on the day of your child’s journey (Luxair might not be able to take care of your child, if this time limit is disregarded). Your child will be welcomed by one of our ground agents, who will accompany him/her to the aircraft where a member of our cabin crew will take over. Please wait for the plane to take off before leaving the airport. During the flight, our cabin crew will do their utmost to ensure that your child has a pleasant flight.
Upon arrival at destination, s/he will be accompanied from the aircraft to the airport, where we will complete all the necessary formalities with him/her. We will then go and find the person, who will take care of him/her. The person you designated beforehand when booking the flight, will have to present official ID documentation when they come and take care of your child. In addition to a full adult’s fare, extra fees of €40 (for a one-way trip) or €80 (for a return flight) are applicable for all bookings of our “unaccompanied minor” service.
Special conditions for Italian nationals up to 13 years of age travelling alone or with someone other than their parent or legal guardian (as specified in their passport) outside Italy:
- They must carry an authorisation (Dichiarazione di Affido) issued by the local police, or, if their parents live abroad, issued by an Italian embassy or consulate. The Dichiarazione di Affido can’t be issued by the airport police. A certificate is mandatory for all children travelling without parents, no matter if it's flights from Italy or to Italy.
- Under Italian law, an UMNR procedure must be in place for children under 14.
- They must be booked as an unaccompanied minor.
Please note that this restriction only applies to Italian nationals: minors of other nationalities come under the standard procedure.
Special conditions for Spanish nationals between 0-17 years of age, travelling from Spain without at least one parent or legal guardian have changed with immediate effect.
As of now all minors under the age of 18 travelling alone i.e. as Unaccompanied Minors (UMNR’s), with another adult than parents/ legal guardians or as young passengers need:
- a signed parental authorization (the parental authorization needs to be signed by both parents/legal guardians)
- always in addition to National Identity card or Passport.
The authorization can be obtained from Spanish authorities.