Your browser is not supported
The browser you are using - Internet Explorer or old version of Edge – is not supported by our website. Not to face issues while using our website please use the latest version of Edge or any other modern browser like Chrome, Safari or Firefox.
We’re happy to welcome unaccompanied minors on our flights. Here are just a few points to note for your child’s safety and your peace of mind.
In addition to a full adult’s fare, extra fees of €90 (for a one-way trip) or €180 (for a return flight) are applicable for all bookings of our “Unaccompanied Minor” service.
If your child is aged between 5 to 11 years, an “Unaccompanied Minor (UM)” booking is required. He/ She will be accompanied at each journey step by Luxair staff.
You can make an “Unaccompanied Minor (UM)” booking for your child through your travel agency, by calling the Luxair/LuxairTours Customer Service Centre, +352 2456 1 or online via our website. When you book, you’ll be asked to provide contact details for the person who will be taking your child to the departure airport and meeting them on arrival.
Before your child’s departure, please check the entry and specific travel requirements of the destination.
Following documents will need to be provided at check-in:
- a statement, in duplicate, authorizing the minor to travel alone; depending on the nationality of your child, you will need to hold an official parental agreement from legal authorities; please check with your local authorities
- the H140 form signed by the mother, father or legal guardian, exempting Luxair from any responsibility. You may download the H140-form here.
At each journey step, your child must keep an envelope with the contact details of the person waiting for him/her at the destination ready
On the day of your child’s departure, please have all travel documents ready. We ask you to check-in at the check-in counter at least 2 hours before departure of your flight (Luxair might not be able to take care of your child, if this time limit is not adhered to). Once the check-in process is finished, we will let you know where and when your child will be picked-up.
At the expected time, your child will be welcomed by one of our ground agents, who will accompany him/her to the aircraft where a member of our cabin crew will take over.
Please wait at the airport until the plane has taken off.
During the flight, our cabin crew will do their utmost to ensure that your child has a safe and pleasant flight.
Upon arrival, your child will be the last to leave the aircraft. A member of the ground staff will accompany your child from the aircraft to the arrival area, pick-up any checked-in baggage and then handover your child to the designated escort on arrival (pick-up person).
The person you designated beforehand when booking the flight, will have to present an official ID document (passport or ID card).
If your child is aged between 12 to 17, he/she can travel alone, with written authorisation from their parents or legal guardians. To maximize their comfort, we highly recommend “Unaccompanied minor” bookings for young travellers.
You can make an “Unaccompanied Minor (UM)” booking for your child through your travel agency, by calling the Luxair/LuxairTours Customer Service Centre, +352 2456 1 or online via our website. For online booking of children between 12 to 17 years old, you need to do a "youth" booking and to select the unaccompanied minor service at the "addtional service" step of the booking flow. A call center agent will call you afterwards to collect the contact details for the person who will be taking your child to the departure airport and meeting them on arrival.
Special conditions for Italian nationals up to 13 years of age travelling alone or with someone other than their parent or legal guardian (as specified in their passport) outside Italy:
- They must carry an authorisation (Dichiarazione di Affido) issued by the local police, or, if their parents live abroad, issued by an Italian embassy or consulate. The Dichiarazione di Affido can’t be issued by the airport police. A certificate is mandatory for all children travelling without parents, no matter if it's flights from Italy or to Italy.
- Under Italian law, an UMNR procedure must be in place for children under 14.
- They must be booked as an unaccompanied minor.
Please note that this restriction only applies to Italian nationals: minors of other nationalities come under the standard procedure.
Special conditions for Spanish nationals between 0-17 years of age, travelling from Spain without at least one parent or legal guardian have changed with immediate effect.
As of now all minors under the age of 18 travelling alone i.e. as Unaccompanied Minors (UMNR’s), with another adult than parents/ legal guardians or as young passengers need:
- a signed parental authorization (the parental authorization needs to be signed by both parents/legal guardians)
- always in addition to National Identity card or Passport.
The authorization can be obtained from Spanish authorities.